Nanny Placement Service
Starling Agency is a stellar nanny placement service proudly serving Greater Seattle and the Eastside. We represent professional nannies, private teachers, newborn care specialists, special needs educators, household managers, family assistants, personal assistants, and more.
What makes Starling Agency special?
We’re glad you asked! Since 2011, Starling has been a trusted leader in the private childcare and education communities. Our directors personally seek out professional nannies with a passion for education and child development. The majority of our clients are recommended by word-of-mouth, which is a testament to our successful nanny placements. Learn more about Starling’s core values.
Starling Agency has been recognized as a leader in the nanny industry by the Association of Premier Nanny Agencies, Red Tricycle, and ParentMap. Learn more about Starling on our FAQ page.
We wouldn’t have it any other way! We utilize proprietary resources, professional networks, and expert screening methods. Starling also has direct access to a private investigator whom we consult during the interview process. All investigative reports are compliant with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and require signed consent. In addition, Starling aligns with state and federal household employment guidelines to ensure your family is making an informed and lawful hiring decision.
Nanny Placement Process
Let’s talk process! As a boutique nanny agency, we are able to bring your nanny search the most focused care possible. Our personal approach, exceptional candidates, and specialized service makes all the difference. We aim to empower our clients with a 360° view of the entire nanny hiring process. Some of the highlights of our placement process include: Confidential consultations • Custom job development • Professional screening • Mindful selection of candidates • Formal background investigation • Household Employment Dossier • Detailed Sample Work Agreement • Tax and Payroll Dossier • Onboarding assistance • Custom Family Manual • Ongoing support • NEW: Everyday Learning Guide
Nanny Placement Fees
Our Nanny Placement services begin with a non-refundable $400 retainer fee. Once your nanny is hired a one-time placement fee is made. Our long-term placement services include a free replacement guarantee. Learn more about our guarantee!
- Nanny Placement: For families seeking a long-term, creative, and professional nanny. Our nanny placement fee is equal to 15% of the employee’s total gross annual compensation. This service includes one free candidate replacement within the first 6 months of employment.
- Custom Staffing: For families seeking a long-term household manager, family assistant, personal assistant, or estate manager. Our custom staffing fee is equal to 15% of the employee’s total gross annual compensation. This service includes one free candidate replacement within the first 6 months of employment.
- Temporary Nanny (1-8 weeks): For families seeking short-term nanny support. Our temporary placement fee is equal to $50 per day of the assignment.
- Postpartum Care (1-12 weeks): For families seeking support during the newborn phase. We place Newborn Care Specialists (NCS), Postpartum Doulas (PPD), and more. Our postpartum placement fee is equal to $50 per day of the assignment.
More to Explore
- Nanny Screening: Ideal for experienced nanny employers that need a boost in sourcing candidates.
- Nanny Share Placement: Ideal for families interested in developing a nanny share.
- Private Educator Placement: For families seeking a private teacher or tutor.
- A La Carte Consultation: Dive deep on focused nanny topics with a 1-hour consultation or strategy session. Available nationwide.