Starling Agency began in a small classroom in Seattle. Each year a family of Starlings arrived to nest in a cozy nook just outside our classroom window. The students observed the hatchlings with joy and curiosity. Starling Agency continues to be inspired by the wonderment that unfolds as we learn and grow together.
What makes Starling Agency special?
We’re glad you asked! Since 2011, Starling has been a trusted leader in the private childcare and education communities. Our directors personally seek out professional nannies with a passion for education and child development. As a boutique nanny agency, we are able to bring your nanny search the most focused care possible. Our personal approach, exceptional candidates, and specialized service makes all the difference. The majority of our clients are recommended by word-of-mouth, which is a testament to our successful nanny placements.
We utilize proprietary resources, professional networks, and expert screening methods. Starling also has direct access to a private investigator whom we consult during the interview process. In addition, Starling aligns with state and federal household employment guidelines to ensure your family is making an informed and lawful hiring decision.
Starling Agency has been recognized as a leader in the nanny industry by the Association of Premier Nanny Agencies, Red Tricycle, and ParentMap. Learn more about Starling on our FAQ page.
We Believe In
Fostering curiosity • Nurturing development • Creativity & wonder • Celebrating kindness • Encouraging authenticity • Knock-knock jokes • Supporting neurodiversity • Building community
Let’s take a closer look at placement options! Placement services begin with a non-refundable $400 retainer fee. Once your nanny is hired, a one-time placement fee is made. See A La Carte Consultation services for pricing information.
- Nanny Placement: For families seeking a long-term, creative, and professional nanny.
- Custom Staffing: For families seeking help beyond childcare. We place household managers, family assistants, personal assistants, and estate managers.
- Temporary Nanny (1-8 weeks): For families seeking short-term nanny support.
- Nanny Screening: Ideal for experienced nanny employers that need a boost in sourcing candidates.
- Nanny Share Placement: Ideal for families interested in developing a nanny share.
- Postpartum Care (1-12 weeks): For families seeking support during the newborn phase. We place Newborn Care Specialists (NCS), Postpartum Doulas, and more.
- Private Educator Placement: For families seeking a private teacher or tutor.
- A La Carte Consultation: Dive deep on focused nanny topics with a 1-hour consultation or strategy session. Available nationwide.