Ingredients for Hulking Out!
Nanny Recipe: Monster Muffins
Join Starling Agency at the 2017 National Nanny Training Day Seattle, hosted by our friends at the Northwest Nanny Association! We’ll be sharing nanny recipes and family meal planning tips.
Kiki recently shared a fun, healthy, and delicious nanny recipe on her Instagram. What little kiddo wouldn’t want to bite into these hulk-tastic Monster Muffins? Kiki omitted sugar from the original recipe for her tiny charge. Follow Kiki Cares for more fun nanny recipes and family meal planning ideas! Special thank you to Easy Toddler Meals for the recipe inspiration!
- 1 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 c. spinach, raw and fresh
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 c. carrots, grated
- 1/4 c. almond meal
- 3 tbs. sugar (*Kiki omitted sugar)
- 3 tbs. coconut oil
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1.5 c. all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a blender mix all wet ingredients (EXCEPT carrots)
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients, add grated carrots
- Mix wet and dry ingredients (do not overmix, just until the dry is incorporated in)
- Scoop mix into silicone muffin cups, Place filled cups into a muffin tin for easy transfer
- Bake for 16-17 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Check at 15 minutes