5 Tips for Hiring a Nanny Before Back to School
If you’re trying to hire a Nanny during the last weeks of summer, no doubt you’re finding it difficult! Here are 5 tips to help you face the challenge.
1) For a “new school year” start date, we recommend beginning the search in July. Why so early you ask? The right fit takes time and consideration. Hiring a nanny in a pinch can lead to a forced fit, and the right fit is everything!
2) Ask the 7 Most Important Questions during your interviews.
3) Honor your Mama Bear instinct! If something doesn’t feel right, keep searching. Consider temporary back-up care until you find the best fit for your family. Ask grandparents, friends, neighbors for help. You can also turn to a professional nanny agency for highly recommended temporary nanny support.
4) This is a BIG one! Hire a private investigator to screen your potential nanny. Internet-based background checks are fast and easily shared, but they are often inaccurate and out-of-date. Starling Agency is a strong advocate for high-quality background screening. We partner with a locally owned, mom-operated, and state licensed investigative agency which focuses on detailed childcare screening.
5) Contact Starling Agency for support during these last few weeks! We can offer more pointers and consultation services to help you hire your dream nanny!